"We cannot make good news out of bad practice".
~Edward R. Murrow

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Music Moves Me.

As I pack away the few belongings that mean enough to me to actually be packed, I find myself reminiscing like I never have before.

You can thank Suzy for part of that.

You can thank Jeffrey for part of that.

You can thank Tim for part of that.

...most of all, you can thank my Family for, well, most of that.

As I look at the two suitcases before me I think, "Wow, is that all it takes for me to be comfortable? Is that all it takes for me to be minimally 'happy'? Is this really just, it?? Is that all it takes for me to 'survive' according to most Americans' terms?"  ...this brings me to think of my time spent in the Dominican Republic; of what I've been fortunate enough to witness there...

What I have in these two suitcases is more than enough for me to survive.

Anywhere.

More importantly, should these two suitcases be lost amidst my two layovers. Should the two packages I mailed yesterday lose their way. Should the three packages I'll send through DHL today get damaged...  I still have my Family. I still have my Friends. I still have Tim. I still have Jeffrey. I still have Suzy.  Not sure if I'm really conveying what I'm trying to say here well, but what I'm trying to say is even though you all won't be packed up in my suitcases, or mailed 4600 miles away, you all will still be with me. In my mind and in my heart. And I'm thankful for that. Out of everything that I will need when I reach my destination, it is you all that I will need most.

Thank you for being there last Friday night. Thank you for being there the past 26+ years.  I am honored and thankful to know that you are all as much a part of this move as I am.

Thank you, sincerely. Thank you.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you.

It's got a beat and you can dance to it!

Mom said...

I miss you like crazy already.....and it's only been a few hours. I hope the crying will stop soon. It just isn't the same without you here.......and Zoe misses Louie, too, not to mention that my chair at the dinner table won't be the same......who will keep it warm????? Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

I'll keep it warm.